SNOW

Wordle: snow

Friday, January 9, 2009

The little speck of dust ...

If you were to cite an experience that truly makes you feel insignificant in the larger sense of the universe, what would you say it is?

Excerpt from If--- Questions for the Soul by Evelyn McFarlane

One experience was watching the events unfold on September 11th. I recall watching people jumping from the towers, watching the carnage on the streets & feeling useless! It was VERY uncomfortable to watch (and you never really got away from it, as it encompassed all media). I felt naive in my understanding of world politics and religion, not being able to comprehend how a country could concoct such an act upon others.

I cannot say that I am much wiser. I do make attempts to "go beyond the headlines" with current events to understand more of the world that I reside.

I am still naive in many ways, maybe too trustworthy of people. I wish I had the ability to judge a person's true character so I don't invest time & energy on them if they become inconsequential.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

That sounds like a cool book. I like the new look of your blog.

I hope I haven't become inconsequential.