SNOW

Wordle: snow

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Knowing...

Things I would tell my younger self now that I know...


* The grass may be greener on the other side, but it still needs to be fertilized, cut, reseeded.

* Looking into your child's eyes can make everything right again, even if just for a moment.

* Always, trust yourself first, no matter how close you are to someone, you never really know what they are capable of doing.

* A broken heart hurts like hell, but you do come out stronger on the other side of the pain.

* Blood is thicker than water.

* This, too, shall pass. It may not be the outcome you wanted, but you learn something from the experience.

* True friends ask how you are, and actually listen for your answer.

* Remember to keep a sense of humor, especially in respect to yourself.

* Going out to a museum, dinner, event alone allows you to meet interesting people. At first it seems awkward, but knowing all the amazing people I have met by doing this, it was worth the risk.

* Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Do one thing that scares you every day". You will be surprised by the results.

* You never get tired of reading a GOOD book.

* There are REAL moments in your adult life where you actually say, "I am becoming just like my mother". (remember... humor!)

*Parenting is difficult, frustrating, exhausting, overwhelming, and worth every damn second!

* Be honest & consistent with your kids, they can see right though you!

* Beware of tunnel vision as an adult. Look at your surroundings. Some of the most beautiful and important stuff is on the fringe of your periphery.



These were several of the thoughts that were swarming my brain last night. Perhaps it was because I was looking at my son all dressed up for Prom, coming to the realization that he will be graduating high school next year.

Just wanting to put them down in a tangible form for future reference...

2 comments:

Raines Inc said...

This to shall pass is one of my moms favorite to say to me in a time of need. She used it many of times when both girls were in their first days and first months!!!! It is sooo true

Sherrie said...

Funny, I was thinking about blogging about what I would tell my younger self. You beat me to it!

I might try good ole Eleanor's suggestion. Sounds fun. ;)