SNOW

Wordle: snow

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hello 2010...

A new year is upon us, finally. Not the best of the 2009 for this family.

Typically, people make resolutions, right? Well, we know how many of those end up as a blurred memory by Groundhog Day.

I am sort of putting a spin on the concept and making a to do list (aren't goals just dreams with an end date attached??). Curious if this list gets 50% completed by Dec 31. Time shall tell....


1. Write & publish a short story (either locally or online). I was published in a newsletter regarding having a sibling with autism, which although cathartic, it was quite an enjoyable experience.


2. Enter a fabulous photo of mine (taken with either a SLR or digital in this calendar year) in a contest for serious contention.


3. Pay off debt. I have been working on this for 2 years but I will clean it up (pending a steady paycheck) no later than Oct 31.


4. Take a real cooking class--- serious technique stuff, not "How to Boil Water 101" in the local school adult education brochure


5. Make a lunch date & actually keep it with friends I have reconnected with recently. (The caveat here is that "keeping it" is contingent on family health issues).


6. Journal 6 stories from my grandmothers youth. Somehow I will have her tell me a "story" rather than get blown off. At 97 she is still coherent about her time in Lithuania/Germany & I want to have some of her legacy in print. I also need to do something similar with my parents. My REAL goal is from my grandmother's memories.


7. After I lose 5 pounds/inches, gather clothing that no longer fits & donate to a shelter.


8. Make 10 blankets for NICU & bring them to hospital.


9. Repaint/redecorate at LEAST one room in the house. Redid the main bathroom this year & other than removing the wallpaper, it was quite inspiring.


10. Take a camping trip with the family this year. We all need to get out of town for a bit. I think one last family vacation before Gabe leaves for university will be cohesive for out family unit.

** Okay off to print the list to post it on the calendar board. Watch for progress.... ♥

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

That's a great list! I want to do something with my photos, too. You never know, a little money could be involved!

I have also been thinking of writing down old stories, from my great-aunt (whom you recall I see every Saturday). Kids these days have NO respect for history (at least that's what it feels like) and it's up to people like us to keep it alive. :)

I got your text - the redecoration is nearing completion. Kind of scary. If everything pulls together right, this Saturday is the big day. Going tomorrow to finance a bed and sofa. Need to coordinate getting my other entertainment center and etagere over here the same time as the bed and sofa. I'm getting nervous.