A new year is upon us, finally. Not the best of the 2009 for this family.
Typically, people make resolutions, right? Well, we know how many of those end up as a blurred memory by Groundhog Day.
I am sort of putting a spin on the concept and making a to do list (aren't goals just dreams with an end date attached??). Curious if this list gets 50% completed by Dec 31. Time shall tell....
1. Write & publish a short story (either locally or online). I was published in a newsletter regarding having a sibling with autism, which although cathartic, it was quite an enjoyable experience.
2. Enter a fabulous photo of mine (taken with either a SLR or digital in this calendar year) in a contest for serious contention.
3. Pay off debt. I have been working on this for 2 years but I will clean it up (pending a steady paycheck) no later than Oct 31.
4. Take a real cooking class--- serious technique stuff, not "How to Boil Water 101" in the local school adult education brochure
5. Make a lunch date & actually keep it with friends I have reconnected with recently. (The caveat here is that "keeping it" is contingent on family health issues).
6. Journal 6 stories from my grandmothers youth. Somehow I will have her tell me a "story" rather than get blown off. At 97 she is still coherent about her time in Lithuania/Germany & I want to have some of her legacy in print. I also need to do something similar with my parents. My REAL goal is from my grandmother's memories.
7. After I lose 5 pounds/inches, gather clothing that no longer fits & donate to a shelter.
8. Make 10 blankets for NICU & bring them to hospital.
9. Repaint/redecorate at LEAST one room in the house. Redid the main bathroom this year & other than removing the wallpaper, it was quite inspiring.
10. Take a camping trip with the family this year. We all need to get out of town for a bit. I think one last family vacation before Gabe leaves for university will be cohesive for out family unit.
** Okay off to print the list to post it on the calendar board. Watch for progress.... ♥