SNOW

Wordle: snow

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Art Imitates Life... or is it the other way around...

A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession. --Albert Camus




A man paints with his brains and not with his hands. -- Michelangelo




Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.--Thomas Merton




I had a bit of an epiphany today. I was visiting a local art gallery and chatted for a while with one of the artists in this co-op. He had some health issues & turned to his art for comfort... also realized he is able to make some money as well as share his talent with others.



I have been creating resumes, re-creating resumes & completing application after application without much luck the past 10 months. Art has been my conscience nagging in a whisper throughout this process. Perhaps I need to give my artistic energy some time in the forefront and see what happens... shifting perspective.





No comments: