SNOW

Wordle: snow

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

3 decades...

A high school friend pointed out today that we have known each other for 30 years! That seemed unreal until I did the math.

She & I have gone through so many milestones together; crushes, rejection, teenage drama (not staged), college years (ooh, more un-staged drama), weddings, births, raising children (I actually managed the preschool that her children attended for a few years). This was comforting knowing that despite the lack of constant contact that we thrived in the younger years, we are able to maintain a friendship with less frequent contact (thanks in most part to adult responsibities and hectic schedules of our kids). We have recently begun recalling silly high school memories since our kids are in that age range (mine son is finishing his Junior year, her oldest is a Freshman & her youngest is starting middle school next year).

I cannot even fathom what 40 + years will have us sharing... I look at the list above and feel a tad overwhelmed with the list. The circle of life, I suppose.

No comments: