SNOW

Wordle: snow

Monday, November 3, 2008

It's Showtime, folks



We have finally arrived at the big day. The flow of all the articles, interviews, debates, awful endorsements, and parodies will trickle down to a mere drip (not the candidate!).

I am awed by the passion that people have for their respective candidate or position. I hope that in the booth, people really take a serious look at the issues they support rather than the hoopla that either party brings to this campaign. In the past few months, I have observed actions and heard comments that seem disturbing when supporting their choice. I won't get into the details but I feel some people voting may not be fully informed on the candidate's issues or qualifications.

This election is undoubtedly a historic event on several levels, and I look forward to opening a history book & sharing with my grandchildren the passion that was brought out in people because of this election. The right to vote is a privilege in this democratic country & I hope people are SMART about their vote & be adult about the results, since they had a direct say in the outcome (in a small way, that electoral college thing still drives me crazy!)

Now go out and vote! Please....

No comments: